Federal tax forms were released for distribution on January 6, 2011. The Worcester Public Library has paper copies of form 1040 (no instructions), 1040A (no instructions) and 1040EZ (with instructions). Publication 17 is available. There are other forms and schedules available but not all. The government expects all forms to be available at libraries, post offices and IRS offices at the end of January.
Massachusetts tax forms for full time residents and part time residents are available. However, the Massachusetts tax booklets do not come with instructions. As of now the instructions are only available online.
Online Tax Forms and Publications
Click here to find online federal and state tax forms and publications.
Places to call:
Massachusetts Department of Revenue Worcester Office
State Tax Forms
67 Millbrook Street
Worcester, Ma 01609
For Massachusetts taxpayer assistance call: 1-800-392-6089
Massachusetts Department of the Internal Revenue
Federal Tax Forms
120 Front Street
Phone numbers for federal tax forms and help
Tax Forms 1-800-829-3676
Recorded Refund/Tax Info 1-800-829-4477
Federal Tax Info 1-800-829-1040
Problem Resolution Office 1-800-829-1040
Free Tax Assistance
- The Worcester Public Library will be offering free tax assistance on Saturday mornings beginning in February. Tax assistance is by appointment only. Please call 508-799-1655 to find out when the library will begin making appointments.
- Worcester Community Action Council, 484 Main Street 508-754-1176 x234
- Worcester State University, 486 chandler Street 508-929-8424
- Main South CDC, 875 Main Street 508-752-6181
- Plumley Village, 16 Laurel Street 508-770-0508
- Worcester Senior Center, 128 Providence Street 508-799-1232, offers AARP income tax preparation for individuals age 60 and over who have moderate to low income. The service is by appointment only. To make an appointment, call 508-799-1232 between 1-3 pm and ask for Janet Bresnahan.