As summer starts to wind down, I would like to extend a big thank you to everyone who participated in our summer reading program and submitted recipes to share! We hope you had a super summer and enjoyed our Superfoods, Super You! Summer Recipe Series. If you are looking for more healthy recipe ideas, come visit the second floor reference desk and our librarians will show you our recipe table or help you to find some healthy cookbooks.
For the last installment of our Superfoods, Super You! Summer Recipe Series, we are featuring our patron Jeanne G.’s deliciously easy turkey chili recipe. This recipe will warm you up as fall approaches and the nights become cool and mild. Enjoy!
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 TBSP chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 30 oz can diced tomato (salt free)
- ½ cup of spaghetti sauce
- 1 small can of tomato paste
- In a big pot, brown ground turkey along with the onion and garlic
- Add chili powder, cumin, oregano, canned diced tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, and tomato paste
- Cook on medium heat for about an hour, stirring occasionally
- Serve with fresh steamed veggies and whole wheat or multigrain bread
- Top with shredded cheese if desired