The next recipe in our Superfoods, Super You Summer Recipe Series is a delicious cold noodle salad which is perfect for the upcoming hot summer evenings. This recipe was a hit at our Summer Reading Kick-off event and incorporates fresh veggies with a delicious Asian flavor.
• 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
• 1/3 cup Chinkiang vinegar (or rice vinegar )
• 1/3 cup soy sauce
• 2 tablespoons brown sugar
• 2 cups cucumber, julienned
• 2 cups carrots, shredded
• 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
• 2 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- In a large pot, cook spaghetti according to package directions (al dente). Drain, rinse spaghetti with cold water, and set aside in large bowl.
- In a medium bowl: mix Chinkiang vinegar and soy sauce with brown sugar. Toss in cucumber, carrots, cilantro, and sesame seeds.
- Stir dressing mixture into the cold cooked spaghetti. Mix well.
- Toss noodles and sauce again before serving. If dry, splash with a little soy sauce and vinegar. Serve cold.
Have a healthy recipe you enjoy and would like to recommend? Submit it through our Summer Reading Program and complete the “Share Your Favorite Recipe” challenge or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and perhaps your recipe will be featured on this blog!