In continuation with our Superfoods, Super You! Summer Recipe series, enjoy this healthy kale chip recipe submitted by our patron, Jasmine! Kale chips were also featured at Worcester Public Library’s Summer Reading Kick-off. Great suggestion, Jasmine!
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Position racks in upper third and center of oven; preheat to 400°F
- If kale is wet, very thoroughly pat dry with a clean kitchen towel
- Transfer kale to a large bowl, drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt
- Using your hands, massage the oil and salt onto the kale leaves to evenly coat
- Fill 2 large rimmed baking sheets with a layer of kale, making sure the leaves don’t overlap (If the kale all of the kale doesn't fit, make the chips in batches)
- Bake until most leaves are crisp, switching the pans back to front and top to bottom halfway through, 8 to 12 minutes total (If baking a batch on just one sheet, start checking after 8 minutes to prevent burning)
- Choose organic kale when possible, non-organic kale can have high pesticide residue
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days
From EatingWell September/October 2011
Have a healthy recipe you enjoy and would like to recommend? Email me at email@example.com and perhaps your recipe will be featured on this blog!