Up next in our Superfoods, Super You! Summer Recipe Series is cauliflower rice with mixed veggies. Substituting cauliflower for rice makes your favorite fried rice dish super healthy. Packed full of cauliflower, carrots, and peas, this recipe was a hit at our Summer Reading Kick-off event! This is a simple recipe you can experiment with - try different veggies and different spices, and most of all enjoy eating healthy, tasty, food!
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ½ cup carrots, cubed
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp light brown sugar
- ⅛ tsp ground ginger
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp green onions, chopped
- Chop head of cauliflower into florets and place in food processor. Pulse until it starts to resemble rice; set aside.
- Heat a large wok (or skillet) over medium heat and drizzle in sesame oil. Add onion, peas and carrots and saute until tender, about 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger and red pepper flakes; set aside.
- Stir in cauliflower "rice" and pour the soy sauce over top, mixing well. Cook for an additional 3 to 4 minutes, until cauliflower is soft and tender.
- Top with green onions, serve and enjoy!
Have a healthy recipe you enjoy and would like to recommend? Email me at email@example.com and perhaps your recipe will be featured on this blog!