Looking for a quick and healthy snack? This week’s recipe in our Superfoods, Super You Summer Recipe Series is an easy chickpea snack that is high in fiber and protein, submitted by Colleen!
- One 16 oz can of chickpeas
- Coconut oil or olive oil
- ½ to 1 tsp of seasoning, such as ras el hanout, curry powder, fennel powder, or garlic powder
- Drain and rinse chickpeas
- Saute over medium-high heat with a little coconut oil or olive oil until warmed through and toasty on the outside. They will start jumping in the pan when they are ready.
- Stir in 1/2 to 1 tsp of your favorite dried seasoning and serve.
Have a healthy recipe you enjoy and would like to recommend? Submit it through our Summer Reading Program and complete the “Share Your Favorite Recipe” challenge or email me at email@example.com and perhaps your recipe will be featured on this blog!