Here is a tasty twist on a simple edamame snack. This week’s recipe in our Superfoods, Super You Summer Recipe Series is chilled edamame with star anise. The flavor of the star anise adds a delightful flavor to this protein packed snack. Enjoy!
- 1 pound fresh or frozen edamame (in the husks)
- 3-4 cups of water, enough to cover the edamame in the pot
- 1-1 1/2 tablespoons salt (to taste)
- 3 star anise
- In a small pot, boil 3-4 cups of water along with the edamame, salt, star anise
- Boil for 5-6 minutes without the lid
- Drain and serve or put in the fridge overnight to serve
Have a healthy recipe you enjoy and would like to recommend? Submit it through our Summer Reading Program and complete the “Share Your Favorite Recipe” challenge or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and perhaps your recipe will be featured on this blog!